ABB in the US: By the numbers
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future.
The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated.
ABB’s Business Areas
Wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification
- Power distribution and UPS ensure reliability at the world’s largest data centers.
- Building solutions to save up to 50% on energy costs
- Launched ABB Ability™ eMine suite of solutions (2021) to decarbonize mining operations.
Keeping the world turning with motors and drives that are essential to our way of life
- Highly efficient motor/drive solutions reduce electricity use and emissions.
- Sensor technologies increase safety and uptime of motors and drives with remote monitoring.
- Largest U.S. manufacturer of industrial electric motors.
Monitoring and control systems and industry-specific automation
- World’s first all-electric ferry (Maid of the Mist) and tug (eWolf) powered by ABB.
- Most advanced natural gas detection, available for UAV, vehicle, hand-held and stationary applications.
- Selected by SGH2 Energy to provide electrical, instrumentation, automation, security, and telecommunications for California’s first negative carbon hydrogen production plant.
Robotics & Discrete Automation
Robotic solutions, machine, and factory automation
- First robot to be designed, built, programmed and deployed in the USA.
- Two new families of collaborative robotics announced in 2021, GoFa™ and SWIFTI™.
- Lead sponsor and supporter of FIRST Robotics Competition for students.