Navigating the road to decarbonized mine operations
ABB experts to share proven strategies for reducing GHG emissions at the Canadian Institute of Mining's annual convention, CIM MTL 2023.
The Canadian Institute of Mining (CIM), now in its 125th year, hosts an annual convention every Spring; drawing in miners from North America and other parts of the world to learn about new techniques and practical ways to tackle everyday mining challenges. Many of the world’s leading miners have operations in North America and the insights that are shared at the event are usually on the forefront of industry evolution. This year’s schedule promises to offer the same caliber of content for attendees with an emphasis on “Building Trust to Decarbonize the World”.
CIM MTL 2023 takes place April 30 – May 3, 2023 at the Montreal Convention Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. In addition to a vendor exhibition, the event features daily keynotes and expert panel discussions. (NOTE: Don’t miss the Wednesday panel session on Decarbonization and Finance, sponsored by ABB.) Attendees can also take part in a robust technical program with topics ranging from mineral exploration and mine operations to environmental considerations and the human aspects of mining.
Because of their work in helping companies navigate the road to decarbonized mine operations, ABB experts have been chosen to present seven technical presentations this year. They include:
- ABB eMine Trolley System – available and proven technology for GHG reduction
Presented by Adrian Banu & Ratna-Kanth Dittakavi
- Advanced asset health and condition monitoring in conveyor belt systems
Presented by Eduardo Botelho & Felipe Silva
- All-electric mine design, mining technology for GHG-footprint reduction
Presented by Adrian Banu, Konsta Kainulainen & Felipe Silva
- Closing the loop between mine short term planning and real-time mine operations toward more efficiency and less costs
Presented by Eduardo Lima
- Energy efficient conveyor operation – using data science to optimize conveyor operation
Presented by Ulf Richter & Martin Handreg
- Overview of various grinding electrical powertrain and automation configurations with their impact on GHG footprint reduction
Presented by Sachin Jari & Marian Gheorghe
- Trolley Assist – propelling the haulage fleets of today and tomorrow
Presented by Adrian Banu & Dillon McKinnon
To learn more about these new developments or some of the current projects associated with these topics, attendees can connect with presenters following their presentations or in the ABB lounge, designated as booth 2129 on the exhibition floor. We look forward to seeing everyone there and also in collaborating with you on your mine decarbonization journey.